Diamond Road Smoother
- The Diamond Road Smoother is an all-in-one machine that combines a profiler, computer system, water tank, cutting machine, brooms, vacuum system and arrow boards.
- 8 foot wide grinding allows a full lane road to be cut in just two passes.
- With combined profiling and cutting, the Diamond Road Smoother is safe to use as workers do not need to exit the cab.
- A laser system and camera system allows obstacles to be marked from inside the cab. Fully automated after a 1 minute setup period.
- The Diamond Road Smoother has three speeds: highway speeds, 10 miles/hour when leveling
wheels are down, and computer-controlled cutting speeds. Top speed for competition – 3 miles/hour.
- 5 times more teeth than regular road mills; leaving a finished surface that traffic can drive immediately.
- In a 2002 Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) survey, road condition was cited as the public’s number one criterion for satisfaction.
- A National Cooperative Highway Research Program analysis showed that improved smoothness extends pavement performance life by as much as 50 percent.
The Diamond Road Smoother is sold worldwide through your John Deere Construction Dealer.
In the United States the equipment is not available for purchase. Diamond Road rents this equipment with one operator in the United States.
Watch the first video preview of the Diamond Road Smoother below